Viscious Dream Viscious Dream

Ahhhhh this is chill.~

EdKempeper responds:

Haha, thanks for your review ! I hope it was a bit more gloomy... :p

Sad Robot Sad Robot

I like it! Piano might be a bit loud due to where the frequency is, and it could use something to fill in the low-end towards the 2-minute onward mark (low cello or double bass maybe?) But otherwise, it gets the meaning across well, I think.

Impulse Impulse

This sounds really freaking cool. As stated below, everything's coming out clear; it's just that the drive keeps sounding like it's going to erupt into this huge Amen break-ish thing but it never feels as if it... peaks. The percussion you have going currently isn't too bad, though, it sits well in the mix and fits the general style; almost a Paragon-esque thing.

In my opinion, all it needs is a bit of a better... arc, I suppose? More of a build up, bit of a tease of the melody (which you do at the beginning, very nice lead-in) and then have it climax into a euphony of amazeballs.

Lethal-Input responds:

Yeah I get ya. I does kinda feel like it's supposed to build up into something more. I'm glad I got compared to Paragon since that style is kind of what i'm going for lol

Orbital Sky Diving Orbital Sky Diving

I came in from the title expecting some sort of Halo-esque cinematic techno, bits blazing in an infernal glory of FPS carnage.

The retro sound excited me instead. :3 It's clean, light, yet driving. I'm sure you've had plenty of reviews saying the same thing, but might as well state it again. No real criticisms I can think of concerning the mix or the synths; seems like you have that whole department on lock.

5-starred, faved. :3

R4R

~SW~ City of the Clouds ~SW~ City of the Clouds

Might as well consider a spot saved on the compilation album for this one...

SkyeWint responds:

Oh man I certainly hope so. ^_^ That would be awesome.

Of course, it would be super-awesome if I managed to get first or second place, then I might be able to get something from EWQL or something like that.

Nice To Meet You! *AeX* Nice To Meet You! *AeX*

Nice! I like the whole drive behind the melody. My only suggestion would be MOAR BASS, but that's just the bass-head in me talking. :P It's light, keeps a good flow, and keeps changing, which is good.

Mind checking out my submission to the contest? Good luck!

AetherX responds:

I agree. I tried to make a bass sound that fit but I just couldn't do it in time, so I had to make do with more or less no bass instrument. I've got a couple songs to review, so I'll totally add you to the list. I'll try to get around to that before long. Thanks!

Overboard(HardDance Loop) Overboard(HardDance Loop)

Pretty okay. Maybe try some differentiation in the bass to give it a bit more depth, especially if you're giving this out for other people to use. Also, a few automated filters would help out in the lead synth, or perhaps a bit of velocity randomization. Maybe a sidechain. Who knows. :3 Just keep it varied.

Other than that, EQ's pretty good, everything's pretty crisp.

Porkbeef responds:

Thanks for the tips, but one question: why the hell would you sidechain a lead when it's a melody?

AF - Sabotage AF - Sabotage

Pretty awesome.

On the brink of DnB and Dubstep... I can imagine this turning into a hit track in either genre, but I like the hybrid you have going. The glitched drums just keep the track rolling nicely.

DJ Friski - Rythmical DJ Friski - Rythmical

Nice.

I liked it. It just keeps its cool throughout the entirety of the song. Maybe add a few pads here and there to fill in the gaps, but other than that, good job.

Recently trying to get into trance myself; a few new tracks on my profile, if you might be interested. Again, good work.

-Souldran

(Its Raining) (Its Raining)

Relaxing.

Ironic, I guess, since it's raining quite heavily down where I'm at. The guitar riff is just insanely catchy to me, and the mellow vocals perfectly accent the tone of the guitar to me. Nice work.

Linktrx responds:

Thanks! I actually wasn't expecting any positive feedback on this one given my voice is not the best around. Glad to hear that it is appealing to you.